Thursday, December 13, 2012

Lunch with Santa and Rudolph - Holiday Ho Ho Hop!

Happy Holiday Season Everyone! I do this yearly I see; really get into the swing of things with my postings, then fall off the map around the Christmas holidays! Well, thanks to my buddies at Bento Bloggers and friends I have just the kick I need to get back into the Christmas Spirit motion with a wonderful Ho Ho Holiday Hop!

 I'll start off with the Gingerbread School House I made at the beginning of the month. It was my first try at making a gingerbread house and I guess it turned out OK,( if I say so myself!) It's a facebook competition, and if our school gets the most votes we'll win 1,000 euros for toys! If you're a member of facebook please swing by  this link here: and give the little red school house (for Wendy House School) a vote!! ^-^



Now on to bento! Last year my mother sent me three of the most adorable lunch boxes, (I think they're actually cookie gift boxes,) but she bought them from the dollar store in Atlanta and they are just the cutest! Thank you again Mom!! ^-^




I love the retro look of them !


For today's hop I picked Santa and his buddy Rudolph to make into a fun Holiday themed lunch.
The boxes are pretty tiny, so with only half a chicken breast sandwich and a pop tart I filled the whole box.






Here's a closer look at Santa and Rudolph!

Santa is made from cut Gouda cheese slices and colored with Wilton gel food color. Rudolph is my favorite medium of marzipan!


All closed up and ready for school! I have to thank my mother-in-law for sewing me the most lovely kiddie Holiday napkins! I love them!

Poor baby Sunshine thought this little bento was for her, but I'll whip her up a tot friendly bento later today! (You can really see the boxes scale in this picture.) She was so happy in this before photo... I will not show you the after though!

Here's one final photo!! This is my second try at a gingerbread house...I bought a house stencil, and boy did that make all the difference in the world! I'll do this every year now!


 Happy Ho Ho Holiday Everyone!!!
                                              Love Kiki!


Now continue on with Holiday cheer to my amazing bento buddy Daisy at here delicious blog Daisyselalu!!




48 comments:

  1. OMG, as always, your lunches are GORGEOUS, as are your gingerbread houses. You are seriously one talented Momma. What lucky (and adorable) girls you have. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a gorgeous lunch! and those gingerbread houses... amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kandice! I have always wanted to make a gingerbread house, my first try at it ALMOST cured me of that desire though! Lol

      Delete
  3. I like roudolf the best...I wish you were here to make my lunches...Don't worry I'll get my fill when I come. Kiss Lulu and Sunshine (lol at that!) for me and tell them Aunttie Minita loves them!!!<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I love you to the moon and back! Nothing but first class treatments when you come...now get your butt here to see us!!!!! (Lol) Love, Your crazy sis and her two wild kiddies!

      Delete
  4. I love the second house. Great job on Santa and Rudolph!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh! Now I want to rush to my Dollar Tree and grab those little lunch boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So amazing!!! Your work is always impeccable! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you Myra of Mommy+Me Lunchbox...(You title is the sweetest!)He was fun to make...I also ate him, alas there was a first day of Christmas party today!Lol

      Delete
  8. You are so talented! Amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am impressed by the sculpting! And that second house is so fun and girly! What is a house stencil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Crystal!! I really liked the girly house too! Me and the girls gave it to their baby cousin because it reminded us of her! On the stencil part I was dumb and in a rush ^~^ it's actually a gingerbread template! Like a cookie cutter with the wall shape, roof, chimney etc. You just make the dough and stamp out the shapes twice. Then glue with royal icing...then have fun with candy!

      Delete
  10. Wow That lunch is amazing, and the gingerbread houses too! Great job I hope your school wins good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing lunch, love both Santa and Rudolph!! Cute napkin and of course I love the gingerbread house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been waiting to see how your gingerbread houses turned out. They are wonderful. I voted for your school. Hope you win. Your Santa and Rudolph are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mommy-Marvelous Keitha!!! ^.^ Big hugs to you and The Boogs man too!

      Delete
  13. Oh. My. Goodness. Your talent always amazes me!! I love the details!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great lunches and I love the amazing gingerbread houses!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your gingerbread houses, having just posted myself about my ineptitude for making gingerbread! :) Fantastic, creative lunch as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah...oh girly, I did NOT know they are hard to make...seriously, like I was on the verge of a breakdown and a gingerbread house drop kicking session...hubby save it...twice...(Honey, a template or better yet, a pre-made kit is the way to go!!!)

      Delete
  16. Your gingerbread house is lovely, if I ever tried to make one it would turn out a disaster! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moi Piparipulla!! Thank you so much,I need to get to your blog and do some visiting....soon! Hope your Holidays are fabulous!

      Delete
  17. 1. LOVE those boxes!
    2. LOVE LOVE your girly gingerbread house!
    3. LOVE LOVE LOVE your Santa and reindeer!

    Big applaud!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Dear Daisy! I'm grinning ear to ear!! <3!

      Delete
  18. Cramazing! (crazy-amazing.) Hate you. :P

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! Your gingerbread school house is simply fantastic! Love the lunch boxes. Love the lunches! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it! And I love the lunch boxes! Gotta find me some of those...since I'm in Atlanta, too, shouldn't be too hard, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. i really like it i think i with try out the house stencil

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your blog, please tell me you plan to keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Still missing your wonderful creations and posts. Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  24. hai... please keep on blogging.. Your posts and creation are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete