Monday, November 19, 2012

Native American Girl Bento

 This was the bento for today:






 I'm starting a children of the world theme this week.  Today, in step with Thanksgiving, I remember the people of Native American heritage. I talked with my girls about the Native Americans in America and their many contributions to the country which I am from.  Here is a Iroquois Thanksgiving Prayer I read to them.

Iroquois Thanksgiving Prayer


We return thanks to our mother,
the earth, which sustains us.
We return thanks to the rivers and
streams, which supply us with water.
We return thanks to all herbs, which
furnish medicines for the cure of our diseases.
We return thanks to the moon
and stars,which have given to us
their light when the sun was gone.
We return thanks to the sun,
that has looked upon the
earth with a beneficent eye.
Lastly, we return thanks to the
Great Spirit, in Whom is embodied all
goodness, and Who directs all things
for the good of Her children.
Iroquois Prayer, adapted
(Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace)




Linking this lunch to bento blog network's bento of the week Thanksgiving theme.

15 comments:

  1. This is incredible!! I love your detail on this bento! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and detailed native girl! The color headband is great, hope to see the rest of your children of the world bento ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty bento,WOW! Can't wait to see all the themes you are going to create and I LOVE the Thanksgiving prayer, thanks for sharing!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lovely Rina!! I working on the next now! And yes I love that prayer too...beautiful ideas to live by!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Akazuki!! I'm thrilled to have your visit!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful job! Everything thing looks so fresh and delicious. I can't wait to see what is next in your Children of the World themed lunches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Thank you Keitha!! I got my birthday card my most wonderful bento buddy...I've got special plans for it!!! <3 <3 <3 You're Amazing!!!

      Delete
  6. So beautiful! Can't wait to see the rest of the series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anna, me either!! haha I've got some work to do !!

      Delete
  7. Stunning! The detail is amazing! I too can't wait to see the rest of them!! =)

    ReplyDelete