Those thoughts inspired today's fall themed bento.
- Squirrels made of bread crust and tortilla. I painted in details with lingonberry jam and honey mixed with soy sauce...it worked quite well. The orange leaves are thin carrot slices. The acorns are tortilla, honey and soy sauce.
- The squirrels sit on top of a serving of maksalaatikko, a Finnish traditional liver casserole. It's really delicious; containing liver, rice, butter, raisins and eggs. I serve it warm but it can be eaten cold. A condiment of lingonberry jam is the best combination for a enjoyable autumn lunch.
- Along with the casserole and ligonberry jam the girls had a serving of fall inspired dried fruit. Prunes,apricots and apples.
- I slipped in a crunchy, sweet apple bunny made from one of our home apples.
This was today's snack bento:
Inside she had:
- Whole grain buttered raisin bread shaped as a brown squirrel. The eyes and teeth are cheese.
- An acorn treat...tortilla spread with Nutella. The top of the acorn shells is also Nutella.
- Dried fall fruits with a fall leaf pick.
- A few pieces of caramel popcorn.
Linking these lunches and snack bento to bento blog networks, autumn bento of the week! http://www.bentoblognetwork.com/2012/11/bento-of-week-autumn.html