Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Rilakkuma corn dog lunch

Today I made the girls corn dogs for lunch. These corn dogs were super simple as I simply made a corn batter and stuck a cocktail weenie in the middle before I baked them! I thought these mini muffins were cute as they were, but I couldn't resist a little tweaking! So now the corn dogs are Rilakkuma corn dogs, joined by his buddy kiiroitori (yellow bird).


In these bento lunches the girls had:
  1. Mini corn dog muffins dressed as Rilakkuma.
  2. Quail egg soaked in turmeric water overnight to get the yellow color.
  3. Grapes
  4. Mango dices
  5. Ketchup in the Rilakkuma mini container
I used a mini Carl Craft cutter to make the bear faces. *Hint for bento makers* If you dip the tip of a tooth pick in water you can pick up and place your nori cut outs with ease! No frustration from stubby fingers!


Linking these bentos to What's for Lunch Wednesday week 128 http://www.bentolunch.net/2012/11/whats-for-lunch-wednesday-week-128.html

12 comments:

  1. Those are the cutest corn dog I have ever seen!! THANKS for the hint about the toothpick, didn't know that. I love the cute Rilakkuma bento box too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rina! It's one of my favorite boxes too! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg this is so cute, this is my first time coming past something like this. I can't wait until I have kids and I can make them cute healthy meals like that. You seem like a wonderful mother.

    http://noirbellechic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Thank you Aura....I try very hard at this mommy stuff haha!

      Delete
  4. Hello!
    I'm so happy I found your blog, your bentos are lovely. I'm an Italian living in Finland and I love to make bento too :)
    I posted some of them on my blog.

    Have a nice week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Piparipulla!! I am thrilled to hear this!!! I'll go join your site right away!! Please vist again!!

      Delete
  5. WOW so cute!! This darling RK bento put such a grin on my face :D Artful and delightful indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's wonderful to hear, lovely Jenn! Your posts bring many smiles my way as well! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, these lunches are amazing. All of yours are! Great job, Mommy Kiki! I'm gonna go make the girls some corn dog muffins, too! Sooo much better than the yucky stuff you buy. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Christine!!!, Yes definitely whip some up for the girls, they're easy, are fun to eat, and freeze well! Easy Peasy! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is cute! Happy to found ur blog ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! Came across this from a link at My Epicurious Adventures and love the idea of homemade corn dog muffins. When you freeze them do you let them thaw on their own or microwave? Thanks
    Joy

    ReplyDelete