Monday's Bento for Missy Lulu
We started the week off with Pokemon! She doesn't get to watch the show yet..but the little cat or whatever this thing is, is quite cute Lol!! Kids get these t.v. names by osmosis I think! So when she saw the bento she said, "Ooh, Pokemon!"
She had a Pokemon Pizza, face made with an extra Cheddar slice and crab stick details. Along with the tiny pizza she had some clementine wedges and blackberries.
This lunch she just about completed...she took the cheese face off though.
Daddy's Monday Bento!
I love veggie wraps! I made one for hubby, wishing I could eat it myself for breakfast!! Inside the tortilla was avocado with lemon, a spicy cheddar cheese jalapeno and grated carrot salad, and salad veggies! Along with the salad and wrap he got two babybel cheeses and a clementine orange.
I also sent a big glass container of spicy tomato soup(I hate plastic in the microwave).He warmed up his soup at lunchtime. It was really chunky/spicy and topped off with grated cheese. He absolutely loved it, but, he got a serious case of heartburn...ooops!
Tuesday Bento for Missy Lulu
I kept things pretty simple with Missy's bento on Tuesday. She had simply a fish shaped boiled egg, two black berries and a yogurt. Lunch was complete with a box apple juice.
Tuesday´s Bento for Daddy
I went all out for Daddy's lunch starting Monday evening. I had a lovey white lasagna for lunch at my neighbors and decided to make it for him on Tuesday. The lasagna was super easy to make and filled with salmon & shrimp...yummy!
Salmon Lasagna serves 4-6
- 200 g quick cooking lasagna noodles
- 3 heaping tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 heaping tablespoons wheat flour
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped and crushed
- 200 g Swiss or any white stretchy cheese
- 5d milk or cooking cream
- fresh dill
- 400 g salmon fillets
- 200 g small shrimp
- 300 g full fat small curd cottage cheese
- 1-3 dl grated cheese
Start with making a simple white sauce by slowly melting butter and bit by bit adding your flour. Once you have your paste: slowly add the milk, stirring quickly the whole time til all combined and no lumps. Add the grated Swiss cheese and with cooking scissors snip 5 or 6 sprigs of dill into sauce. You are not melting the cheese just combining with white sauce. Should resemble risotto in texture.
- In a mid size glass dish place a ladle full of sauce on the bottom.
- Next a full layer of lasagna noodles
- Then a layer of salmon, broken into bite sized chunks is added, along with a layer of shrimp on top
- Drop teaspoon fulls of cottage cheese all over the seafood, as the next layer
- Place another layer of the cheesy sauce over the Cottage cheese / seafood layer.
- Make the next layer of pasta, taking all the same steps til you fill your dish's height.
Bake in a pre-heated oven at 175 for 45 to 55 min. At the last 5 min take out to add grated cheese and let brown on top!