Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Not to Grouchy Oscar!

On Monday I tried to make Missy Lulu a "Oscar the Grouch" for her snack, I mean how hard could he be! From all the photo images I've seen online, nothing looks too difficult...but then why I just couldn't get his face right I'll never know! This project was a fail...but at least she ate him!


In this snack bento she had a rather pleased looking Oscar. (Made from spinach pancake, pepperoni, cheese and nori details.) Along with her Oscar she had a few whole wheat alphabet cookies and a strawberry.

For Lunch she simply had a individual serving Shepard's pie (but made with lentils instead of beef or lamb.)


It's nice to make one-pot meals like this, everything is all inside. Veggies like peas, carrots and leeks; also a rich protein filled lentil stew in a brown gravy sauce. Buttery mash potatoes are baked on top!

2 comments:

  1. Oscar the Grouch was one of my favorites when I was a kid. It's a good first attempt, and I love the idea of the spinach pancake. I'll have to try that. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they're yummy! I'll post a good recipe. You know they're good if Missy Lulu requests them and eats them plain!

    ReplyDelete